In cases where the regular daycare (מעון) or preschool (גן ילדים) located in a blind or visually impaired child’s place of residence requires integration with the assistance of a personal counselor/mentor, the child is eligible to receive the assistance for an adjustment period of up to 6 months.
Who is Eligible?
- Children between the ages of 0-5 who have a Certificate of Blindness/Visual Impairment.
How to Claim It?
- Those who are interested in claiming this right should contact the social services office closest to their place of residence.
- Societies for the Blind
- Tzemed - Association of Guide Dog Users
- Ofek Liyladenu – Our Children's Horizon
- ELIYA Association for Blind and Visually Impaired Children
- The Al-Manarah Association
- Jewish Institute for the Blind
- Lirot – The Israeli Research Association for Eye Health and Blindness Prevention
- Migdal Or
- The Michaelson Institute for Rehabilitation of Vision
- Israel Guide Dog Center for the Blind
- The Mary Rosen Vocational Rehabilitation Center
- The Beth David Institute - The Center for Deaf-Blind Persons
- The Center for the Blind in Israel
- The Optical Vision Foundation
- The Central Library for the Blind, Visually Impaired and Handicapped
- Joint Israel - Disabilities and Rehabilitation Department
- Kivunim - Furthering the Children with Special Needs
- Seeing Eyes for the Blind in Israel
- ALEH - The Society of Blind and Dyslexic Students in Israel
- Keren Or
- NAMAG The Association of AMD patients in Israel
Laws and Regulations
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.