Special libraries produce and lend Braille, audio and enlarged text books and magazines (in Hebrew and other languages) in order to make written materials more accessible for the blind and visually impaired.
List of Active Libraries
- The Central Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired, 76 Yigal Alon St. (4th floor) Tel Aviv, 6706701
- Tel: 03-7756800, *3452
- Fax: 053-7975622
- Email: email@example.com
- ALEH Academic Research Library, Mount Scopus, PO Box 24051, Jerusalem 91240
- Tel: 02-5883199
- Fax: 02-5826166
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mesila Center Library - The Institute of Jewish Books for the Blind, Kahneman 69B, Bnei Barak 51544
- Tel: 03-5782895
- Fax: 03-5782895
- Email: email@example.com
- AACI Cohen Library for the Visually Impaired & Homebound - for English speakers
- 37 Piere Kenig St./2 Poalei Tzedek St, Talpiot, Jerusalem
- Tel: 02-5600912
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is Eligible?
- The blind and visually impaired.
How to Claim It?
- Those wishing to borrow or produce a book, must present their certificate of blindness/visual impairment or show relevant medical documentation indicating visual impairment.
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel produced by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of welfare service grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.