According to the The Long-Term Care Insurance Law, the Long-Term Care Benefit is given to people who have reached retirement age, live in the community (either in their own homes or in independent section of an assisted living center), and need help with daily activities (such as getting dressed, getting bathed, eating, mobility in the home, etc.), as well as elderly people who need supervision in order to prevent them from endangering themselves, or their surroundings (such as people with Alzheimer's disease).
The benefit is provided in the form of services; however, in specific cases it is possible to receive a Monetary Long-Term Care Benefit to Hire a Caregiver.
You can find a list of organisations and companies that provide long term care services in local areas and their contact information via the National Insurance Institute website.
- Long-Term Care Benefit Conditions of Eligibility
- Income Test to Determine the need for the Long-term Care Benefit
- Services Provided as Part of the Long-Term Care Benefit
- Additional Hours of Personal Care for Nursing Recipients for Israeli Therapist Employers
- Definition of a Long-Term Care Patient
- Rights Guide for Individuals Caring for an Elderly Family Member
- Employing a Foreign Nursing Care Worker
- Employing a Foreign Nursing Care Worker for Two Members of the Same Family.
- Employing an Israeli Nursing Care Worker
- Submitting a Long-Term Care Benefit Claim
- Calculation for entitlement for Long Term Care Benefit
- Local professional committee to determine the long-term care benefit
- Updating Long-Term Care Benefit Level Due to Worsening Condition
- Appealing a National Insurance Institute Long-Term Care Benefit Decision
- Entitlement to Nursing Care after release from a Hospital or Nursing Home
ADL Dependence Test
Types of Benefits
Benefits for Long-Term Care Benefit Recipients
- Employing a Foreign Nursing Care Worker
- Exemption from paying National Insurance contributions for foreign workers employed by a Long-Term Care Benefit recipient
- Municipal Property Tax (Arnona) Discount for Long-Term Care Benefit Recipients
- Water Bill Benefit for Long-Term Care Benefit Recipients (High Rate Discount)
- Electricity Bill Discount for Long-Term Care Benefit Recipients
- Entrance Fee Exemption for Those Accompanying Long-Term Care Benefit Recipients
Benefits For Holocaust Survivors
- National Insurance Institute's Senior Citizen Guidance Service
- Segula Unit - Center to Help Hospitalized Senior Citizens
- "First Class" - free aid to senior citizens at Soroka Hospital
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of health-related assistance organizations
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that help senior citizens and the elderly
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that help people with disabilities
|Government Agency||Website||Rights and Areas of Responsibility|
|*6050 hotlines - The National Insurance Institute||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Rights to various allowances given based on age and economic situation.|
|*9696 hotline - The National Insurance Institute's Call Center for Senior Citizen Counseling Services||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Free aid provided through counseling services for senior citizens and the call center for senior citizens and their families.|
|*8840 Ministry for Social Equality - Hotline for Public Inquiries||Ministry for Social Equality website||The *8840 hotline run by the Ministry for Social Equality gives the elderly a central address to direct all of their questions, provide information regarding rights, services and benefits entitled to the elderly. It also helps them actualize these rights.|
|Segula Unit - Hotline to help senior citizens in the hospital||The Ministry for Social Equality||A health hotline for senior citizens, to assist them and their families know their rights during the period of hospitalization.|
| The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services
||Senior Citizens on the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services website||Funding of Nursing Homes for independent and frail seniors. Various services are also provided within the community.|
|The Ministry of Health||Senior Health on the Ministry of Health website.||Health Insurance and assistance for those suffering from age related health problems.|
|*5442 The Ministry of Housing and Construction Call Center||The Ministry of Construction and Housing website||Housing Assistance and Problem Solving for Senior Citizens|
- Appeals committees must be established for denied Long-Term Care Benefit claims
- Living in a nursing home is not grounds for losing Long-Term Care Benefit eligibility
Laws & Regulations
- The National Insurance Institute: A video clip explaining how to fill out a Long-Term Care Benefit claim
- Long Term Care Information on the Reuth website.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.