If someone who receives Services Provided as Part of the Long-Term Care Benefit or someone who lives with the recipient is in quarantine because of the coronavirus can receive a Monetary Long-Term Care Benefit if there is no caregiver in the nursing agency available to care for him during the quarantine period.
Who is Eligible?
- Long-term benefit recipients that also receive services as part of the benefit that meet the following two conditions:
- The recipient or someone who lives with him is in quarantine because of the coronavirus.
- The nursing agency does not have anyone to care for him during the quarantine period.
How to Claim It?
- Contact the National Insurance Institute using their [online contact form and request to transfer your service hours to money due to the reasons listed in the eligibility section (you can choose the "other" option in the "nature of inquiry" section and provide details of the request in the "inquiry subject" section).
|Government Agencies||Call Center||Expedited Services|
|The Ministry of Health||Kol HaBriut hotline [tel:*5400 *5400 ]|
|Municipal Hotline (in most cases)||106|
|Home Front Command||Call Center for Civil (non-medical) Emergencies 104|
|Employment Services||||Initial online report to the employment office|
|The National Insurance Institute||*[tel:*6050 *6050 ]||Unemployment pay claim online claim form|
|The Agency for Small and Mid-size Businesses||Maof businesses hotline [tel:*8794 *8794 ]|
|SHAYAL (Guidance for Citizens)||118 (Unemployment, unpaid leave, consumerism etc.)||Contact through Facebook|
|The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services||Social Services hotline 118|
|The Israel Tax Authority||
|The Population and Immigration Authority||National Information and Service hotline [tel:*3450 *3450 ]||Online contact form on corona related topics for foreign workers/Palestinians|
|The Ministry of Education||*Hotline for Parents and Students|
|The Office for Social Equality||Senior Citizens center hotline [tel:*8840 *8840 ]||Online contact for for the senior citizens center|
|The Authority for the Rights of Holocaust Survivors||Holocaust Survivors Services Center hotline [tel:*5105 *5105 ]|
Information, Guidance and Support
Assistance for those in home quarantine
|Organization||Center details and website link||Hotline number|
|Appleseeds Academy in conjunction with the Ministry of Social Equality and other organizations||Assistance for people people who need help with technology (Using Zoom, filling out online forms, etc)|| -2750238 for Hebrew (call the number or text the word "help")
-2750239 for Arabic (call the number or text the word "help")
|United Hatzalah, Israel Association of Community Centers, and Lev Echad||Emergency Hotline for Humanitarian Assistance During the Corona Crisis||1221 (no star)|
|Yad Sarah||Delivery of medical equipment to the house|||
|Lev Echad||Assistance with shopping, gathering medications etc.|||
|Friends for Health||Medications for Home-bound Individuals|||
|Dor L'dor||Personal assistance for senior citizens who are worried about leaving the house|||
- Additional Help Centers for Senior Citizens
- Additional Help Centers for People with Disabilities
- Social Services to Assist with the Coronavirus Crisis on the Guidestar website
English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.