The Israel Cancer Association (ICA) runs beauty care workshops for patients with cancer in medical centers across the country
The service is provided free of charge
- Look Good...Feel Better is a national program sponsored and operated by the ICA for people undergoing cancer treatment.
- The program offers guidance and advice on how to deal with some of the side effects associated with oncology treatments, especially those related to appearance (such as face and body skin changes, hair loss and nail changes).
- The program takes place in many medical centers across the country.
- The program offers beauty care workshops led by volunteer beauticians, make-up artists and hair stylists.
- The cosmetics and other items are donated by various companies and cosmetic treatment is performed by volunteers.
- The program does not recommend or promote any particular product or brand, but only the principles of beauty care.
- The service is provided by volunteers from the Israel Cancer Association.
Target audience and prerequisites
- Male and female cancer patients in different stages of coping with their illness.
How to receive this service
- For a list of the centers in which the service is offered, please visit the Israel Cancer Association website.
- For more information, please contact Sylvia from the Rehabilitation and Welfare Department of the ICA: 03-5721618.
- The service is provided free of charge.
- This project does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, contact professional medical staff only.
- Israel Cancer Association website: Look Good...Feel Better Project
- Original information was provided by the Israel Cancer Association
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.