There may be cases where only part of the grant is paid in the hospital and the rest of it is transferred directly from the National Insurance Institute to the mother's bank account
For more information see the National Insurance Institute website.
Who is Eligible?
- A Foreign Worker that gives birth in Israel.
How to Claim It?
- For details on how to actualize the right see: Maternity Grant.
- There may be cases where only part of the grant is paid in the hospital and the rest of it is transferred directly from the National Insurance Institute to the mother's bank account.
- The maternity grant is only paid to foreign workers who give birth in Israel. If the worker left Israel to give birth, or arrived in Israel after the birth, she is not entitled to the grant.
- A foreign worker who gives birth in Israel is also entitled to maternity pay and a child allowance.
- Worker's Hotline
- Hotline for Refugees and Migrants
- Mesila - Center for Information and Assistance for Migrant Workers and Asylum Seekers living in Tel Aviv
- Schar Mitzva - Voluntary Legal Aid for the Poor
- Physicians for Human Rights - Israel
- The Association for Civil Rights in Israel
Laws and Regulations
- The National Insurance Law - sections 42, 44
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.