Various organizations lend out medical and rehabilitation equipment to people with disabilities and the elderly
The equipment may be borrowed for free in exchange for a deposit which is held until the equipment is returned
There are a number of organizations in Israel that lend out medical and rehabilitation equipment to people with disabilities and those who have difficulty functioning on a daily basis.
- The equipment is borrowed by presenting an ID card and leaving a deposit which is returned upon return of the equipment. Some equipment may be rented for various amounts of time or bought at subsidized cost.
- Yad Sarah - Click here for information in English on Yad Sarah's equipment lending services
- Ezer Mizion - Click here for information in English on Ezer Mizion's equipment lending services
- Ezra Le'marpeh
- Kivunim - Information Center for Patients and Their Families
- Kamaayan Hamitgaber - Operates in Pardes Hanna, Karkur, Elyakhin, Givat Haim Meuhad
- Ner David Avi - Operates in Ashkelon and the surrounding area; Tel: 08-6780477
- Milbat - Databases of assistive devices for the elderly and disabled
- Lions Israel
- Light to the World (Or LaOlam) - Provides equipment lending services at no cost to all parts of Israel
- The Arab Association for the Disabled
- Tikva Umarpe - For pediatric dialysis, kidney transplant and nephrology patients
Target audience and Prerequisites
- Any resident with a permanent address and national ID card (teudat zehut) is eligible for the service.
- Tourists are eligible to pay for the service.
How to Receive This Service
- Those interested in borrowing equipment may contact relevant organizations throughout the country and have their national ID card (teudat zehut) and a deposit (cash or check) available.
- Equipment may be borrowed in someone else's name in cases where the borrower is home-bound.
- Not all equipment is available to be borrowed immediately upon request (such as a lift or hospital bed), and it is therefore sometimes necessary to register on a waiting list.
- [[he:זיקנה והזדקנות/גורמי ממשל|Click here for a full list of government agencies responsible for issues related to old age and aging]
- Main government agencies:
|Government Agency||Website||Rights and Areas of Responsibility|
|*8840 Ministry for Social Equality - Hotline for Public Inquiries||Ministry for Social Equality website||The *8840 hotline run by the Ministry for Social Equality gives the elderly a central address to direct all of their questions, provide information regarding rights, services and benefits entitled to the elderly. It also helps them actualize these rights.|
|*6050 hotlines - The National Insurance Institute||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Rights to various allowances given based on age and economic situation.|
|*9696 hotline - The National Insurance Institute's Call Center for Senior Citizen Counseling Services||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Free aid provided through counseling services for senior citizens and the call center|
| The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services
||Senior Citizens on the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services website||Funding of Nursing Homes for independent and frail seniors. Various services are also provided within the community.|
|The Ministry of Health||Senior Health on the Ministry of Health website.||Health Insurance and assistance for those suffering from age related health problems.|
|*5442 The Ministry of Housing and Construction Call Center||The Ministry of Construction and Housing website||Housing Assistance and Problem Solving for Senior Citizens|
|Equal Employment Opportunities Commission- 02-6662701||Equal Employment Opportunities Commission website]||The commission responsible for enforcing equality in the workplace and for handling cases of prohibited discrimination.|
|The Population and Immigration Authority - *3450||Population and Immigration Authority website||Treatment of foreign workers, responsible for giving permits for the employment of foreign workers, managing the financial deposits that employers of foreign workers are required to deposit, oversight of the entrance and exit of foreign workers into Israel, issuing a death certificate, and updating the Population authority.|
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.