Medical malpractice is a legal concept indicating a level of guilt. Many patients feel that that have been harmed by medical malpractice on the part of their doctor, another medical professional, or the medical institution in which they were treated. These patients may use legal channels to sue for compensatory damages, or, in addition or instead of requesting compensatory damages, they may submit a complaint regarding the medical malpractice to the health authorities.
Terms and Definitions
Submitting a Medical Malpractice Claim
Submitting a Complaint Regarding Medical Negligence
- The Mazor Clinical Center - Providing legal advice regarding patients rights in Israel
- The Society for Patients Rights in Israel
- Physicians for Human Rights - Israel
- The Dolev Foundation for Medical Justice
- The Ministry of Justice's Legal Aid Department
- Medical negligence in a case where important testing was not performed
- Infringement of personal rights constitutes grounds for compensatory damages
Laws & Regulations
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.