The Ministry of Health's Public Inquiries and Complaints Department is the Ministry's official address for handling public inquiries and complaints, as well as requests for information under the Freedom of Information Law.
- The department may be contacted with any claim, complaint, comment, request, suggestion, expression of gratitude or request for information related to any topic for which the Ministry of Health is responsible.
- Contact information:
- Telephone call center: *5400
- Fax: 02-5655969
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail:Public Inquiries and Complaints Department,
- Ministry of Health
- 39 Yirmiyahu St., Jerusalem 9101002
Ministry of Health
Public inquiries contact form in English, Public Inquiries and Complaints Department page (in Hebrew), on the Ministry of Health website
Public Inquiries and Complaints Department, Ministry of Health, 39 Yirmiyahu St., Jerusalem 9101002
Fields of Inquiry Managed by the Department
- The department manages the following types of public inquiries:
- Handling of public inquiries, suggestions and complaints where assistance from the Ministry of Health is requested in issues related to non-clinical and health system activities (such as the ratio of professional staff, hours of receiving the service, availability of doctors, access to services, etc.).
- The Medical Professions Ombudsman - Handling of complaints related to suspected unethical conduct, variation from standard practice, medical malpractice and the like. For more information, see: Submitting a Complaint to the Medical Professions Ombudsman.
- Public inquiries related to dental care - Handling of complaints related to suspected dental malpractice.
- The Freedom of Information Law Supervisor - Handling the public's requests for information within the framework of the Freedom of Information Law and handling anything within the Ministry having to do with the law's requirements. Inquiries can be submitted online. Inquiries sent by mail related to the Freedom of Information Law should be specifically addressed to "The Freedom of Information Law Supervisor".
- The Ministry of Health's Public Inquiries and Complaints Department does not handle any issues related to the National Health Insurance Law, such as issues of eligibility to receive a specific medication or medical service, etc. The National Health Insurance Law Ombudsman should be contacted with all issues related to this law.
- The Ministry of Health's Public Inquiries and Complaints Department also does not handle monetary claims related to any damages caused to the public.
Topics and Rights
- General Healthcare Rights
- Medical Malpractice
- Submitting a Complaint to the Medical Professions Ombudsman
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.