Seniors and adults with limited mobility may receive dental care at home, including x-rays
Cost is determined by the Ministry of Health's subsidized price list for those in need.
Beginning 01.02.2019, senior citizens above age 75 are entitled to dental care as part of the healthcare basket
- Adults and seniors who cannot get to a dental clinic because they have limited mobility, are frail or bedridden, may receive a mobile dental service in their home.
- This special medical service is provided using a special mobile unit and treatment is provided by professional dentists equipped with the best state of the art equipment with which they can perform all required treatments, (including mobile x-rays).
- The service is provided by Mobile Dental Care - The Oral Health Association, and is funded by Eshel and other organizations.
Target audience and Prerequisites
- Seniors and people who have disabilities that make them home-bound.
Required Environmental Conditions for Treatment
- The room in which the service is provided must be spacious and air-conditioned, and include:
- A nearby sink
- An electrical outlet
- Sufficient lighting
- A trash can
- A table and chair
How to Receive This Service
Making an Appointment
- Patients should call the organization's offices in order to make an appointment for an initial examination:
- Tel: 1-700-50-24-24, 03-9564139, 03-9506552
- Fax: 03-9506850
- When making an appointment, the following personal information should be provided: Name, telephone number, address, physical/mental condition, age, and national ID (teudat zehut) number.
- The date of the examination will be determined according to the patient's area of residence.
- Payment details should be worked out prior to beginning treatment. If the patient is receiving outside funding, proper documentation must be presented.
- Costs may be divided into 6 installments, and may be paid in cash, with a check, or with a credit card belonging to the patient or family member.
- Prior to beginning treatment, the patient's national ID card (teudat zehut) must be presented, along with an up-to-date medical diagnosis.
- The attending dentist will explain the treatment process to the patient and/or the person accompanying him/her.
- A treatment plan and price quote will be given at the initial visit.
- Scheduling of return visits will be done with the patient, the person accompanying him/her, or a legal guardian.
- The services are provided according to prices established by the Ministry of Health for the needy.
- Beginning 01.02.2019, senior citizens above age 75 are entitled to dental care as part of the healthcare basket
- Information about the mobile dental care service on The Oral Health Association's website
- Information about the service on Eshel's website
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.