Seniors and adults with limited mobility may receive dental care at home.
All types of treatment are offered, including mobile x-rays.
Cost is determined by the Ministry of Health's subsidized price list for those in need.
- Adults and seniors who cannot get to a dental clinic because they have limited mobility, are frail or bedridden, may receive a mobile dental service in their home.
- This special medical service is provided using a special mobile unit and treatment is provided by professional dentists equipped with the best state of the art equipment with which they can perform all required treatments, (including mobile x-rays).
- The service is provided by Mobile Dental Care - The Oral Health Association, and is funded by Eshel and other organizations.
Target audience and Prerequisites
- Seniors and people who have disabilities that make them homebound.
Required Environmental Conditions for Treatment
- The room in which the service is provided must be spacious and air-conditioned, and include:
- A nearby sink
- An electrical outlet
- Sufficient lighting
- A trash can
- A table and chair
How to Receive This Service
Making an Appointment
- Patients should call the organization's offices in order to make an appointment for an initial examination:
- Tel: 1-700-50-24-24, 03-9564139, 03-9506552
- Fax: 03-9506850
- When making an appointment, the following personal information should be provided: Name, telephone number, address, physical/mental condition, age, and national ID (teudat zehut) number.
- The date of the examination will be determined according to the patient's area of residence.
- Payment details should be worked out prior to beginning treatment. If the patient is receiving outside funding, proper documentation must be presented.
- Costs may be divided into 6 installments, and may be paid in cash, with a check, or with a credit card belonging to the patient or family member.
- Prior to beginning treatment, the patient's national ID card (teudat zehut) must be presented, along with an up-to-date medical diagnosis.
- The attending dentist will explain the treatment process to the patient and/or the person accompanying him/her.
- A treatment plan and price quote will be given at the initial visit.
- Scheduling of return visits will be done with the patient, the person accompanying him/her, or a legal guardian.
- The services are provided according to prices established by the Ministry of Health for the needy.
- The minimum payment for the initial visit is 100 NIS.
- Information about the mobile dental care service on The Oral Health Association's website
- Information about the service on Eshel's website
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.