According to the Mobility Agreement, a new Mobility Benefit claim may not be submitted after a person has reached retirement age, for purposes of calculating a mobility benefit (67 for those born after May 1942, as detailed i the chart below).
- Those who received a mobility benefit before reaching retirement age will continue to be eligible for the benefits after retirement according to the conditions detailed below.
Who is Eligible?
- Those wishing to continue receiving mobility benefits after reaching retirement age, must meet all of the Mobility Benefit conditions of eligibility, as well as one of the following three conditions:
- They received the Mobility Benefit close to reaching retirement age.
- They received a standing loan for new vehicle taxes within four years prior to reaching retirement age.
- They received a standing loan for new vehicle taxes for a vehicle which is still in their possession and ownership.
- For those meeting the required conditions and turned 65 before 01.01.2002:
- If they have a valid driver's license, and are capable of driving and drive their own car, they will continue receiving the benefits given in the Mobility Benefit.
- If they do not have a valid driver's license, they are only eligible for a standing loan for new vehicle taxes, subject to the conditions of the loan.
Retirement Age for the Purpose of Mobility Benefit Eligibility
- Retirement age for the purpose of the mobility benefit is the same for men and women and is based on birth date:
- One who is born June 1939 and before - the retirement age is 65.
- One who is born between July 1939 - August 1939 - the retirement age is 65 and 4 months.
- One who is born between September 1939 - April 1940 - the retirement age is 65 and 8 months.
- One who is born between May 1940- December 1940 - the retirement age is 66.
- One who is born between January 1941 - August 1941 - the retirement age is 66 and 4 months.
- One who is born from September 1941 - April 1942 - the retirement age is 66 and 4 months.
- One who is born May 1942 and after - the retirement age is 67.
- Click here for a full list of government agencies responsible for issues related to old age and aging
- Main government agencies:
|Government Agency||Website||Rights and Areas of Responsibility|
|*8840 Ministry for Social Equality - Hotline for Public Inquiries||Ministry for Social Equality website||The *8840 hotline run by the Ministry for Social Equality gives the elderly a central address to direct all of their questions, provide information regarding rights, services and benefits entitled to the elderly. It also helps them actualize these rights.|
|*6050 hotlines - The National Insurance Institute||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Rights to various allowances given based on age and economic situation.|
|*9696 hotline - The National Insurance Institute's Call Center for Senior Citizen Counseling Services||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Free aid provided through counseling services for senior citizens and the call center|
| The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services
||Senior Citizens on the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services website||Funding of Nursing Homes for independent and frail seniors. Various services are also provided within the community.|
|The Ministry of Health||Senior Health on the Ministry of Health website.||Health Insurance and assistance for those suffering from age related health problems.|
|*5442 The Ministry of Housing and Construction Call Center||The Ministry of Construction and Housing website||Housing Assistance and Problem Solving for Senior Citizens|
|Equal Employment Opportunities Commission- 02-6662701||Equal Employment Opportunities Commission website]||The commission responsible for enforcing equality in the workplace and for handling cases of prohibited discrimination.|
|The Population and Immigration Authority - *3450||Population and Immigration Authority website||Treatment of foreign workers, responsible for giving permits for the employment of foreign workers, managing the financial deposits that employers of foreign workers are required to deposit, oversight of the entrance and exit of foreign workers into Israel, issuing a death certificate, and updating the Population authority.|
Laws and Regulations
- The National Insurance Law - section 9
- Agreement regarding the mobility benefit written and signed on June 1 1977
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.