The Multi-Service Centers for the Blind (MARSHAL) are operated by the Department of Social Services. They maintain a comprehensive array of emotional, rehabilitative, support and social services for the blind and visually impaired all under one roof.
- Among the services provided in the MARSHAL centers are:
- Information and guidance for obtaining a certificate of blindness/visual impairment
- Individual and group supportive care
- Rehabilitative services to help function independently
- Social activities such as workshops, lectures, performances and tours
- Advocacy and legal help for various issues
- Specialized services in all different frameworks
Who is Eligible?
- Children and adults who are blind and visually impaired, including those without a Certificate of Blindness/Visual Impairment.
Actualizing the Right
- For information about the various services and the possibility of receiving them, please contact the MARSHAL branch nearest to your home
- For a list of MARSHAL centers and their contact information see the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services website.
- In communities in which MARSHAL does not exist, contact the closest social services department.
- Societies for the Blind
- Tzemed - Association of Guide Dog Users
- Ofek Liyladenu – Our Children's Horizon
- ELIYA Association for Blind and Visually Impaired Children
- The Al-Manarah Association
- Jewish Institute for the Blind
- Lirot – The Israeli Research Association for Eye Health and Blindness Prevention
- Migdal Or
- The Michaelson Institute for Rehabilitation of Vision
- Israel Guide Dog Center for the Blind
- The Mary Rosen Vocational Rehabilitation Center
- The Beth David Institute - The Center for Deaf-Blind Persons
- The Center for the Blind in Israel
- The Optical Vision Foundation
- The Central Library for the Blind, Visually Impaired and Handicapped
- Joint Israel - Disabilities and Rehabilitation Department
- Kivunim - Furthering the Children with Special Needs
- Seeing Eyes for the Blind in Israel
- ALEH - The Society of Blind and Dyslexic Students in Israel
- Keren Or
- NAMAG The Association of AMD patients in Israel
- The original information is based on the Rights and Services Guide for the blind in Israel Service for the Blind - Rehabilitation Department - Ministry of Social Affairs.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.