MARSHAL (Multi-Service Center for the Blind) Haifa is operated in cooperation with the Haifa Municipality Rehabilitation Department and the Society for the Blind and Prevention of Blindness - Haifa.
- All of the services for the blind and visually impaired in Haifa are provided in a multi-service center (one can't get double services).
- Activities provided at the clubhouse operated by the center (except for welfare services) are for residents of the greater Haifa area.
- The Haifa Municipality Rehabilitation Department
- The Society for the Blind and Prevention of Blindness - Haifa
Target audience and Prerequisites
- Blind and visually impaired residents of Haifa and the surrounding area, including the Krayot, Tirat Hacarmel, and Nesher.
How to Receive This Service
- The MARSHAL and the clubhouse including all social and group activities are located in the Society for the Blind Building: HaGefen St. 32, Haifa
- Social, support, and community activities are open to all residents of Haifa, the Krayot, Tirat Hacarmel, and Nesher.
- Social services related to advising and guidance for senior citizens and immigrants are only provided to residents of Haifa.
- Annual membership fees and symbolic fees for classes and extracurricular activities are required.
Borrowing Vision Aids
- In exchange for a symbolic fee, people who are not entitled to other forms of assistance may borrow electronic magnification devices (CCTV) and other computer equipment.
- The decision regarding the lending out of equipment is made by the MARSHAL staff based on the applicant's needs and availability of the equipment.
- Only members of MARSHAL and the Society for the Blind - Haifa members are eligible for the lending services.
- The welfare services at the MARSHAL are intended solely for Haifa residents.
- Mailing address and MARSHAL administrative and social workers' offices:
- Haifa Municipality - Rehabilitation Department, Huri St. 1, Haifa
- Tel.: 04-8357672/67
- MARSHAL director - Social Worker Pnina Igra, email@example.com
- Tel. (activities center): 04-8527222
- Original information provided by the Haifa Municipality Rehabilitation Department and the Society for the Blind and Prevention of Blindness - Haifa.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.