The Municipal/Regional Support Centers are intended to serve as a support system for regular and special education frameworks in the implementation of The Special Education Law, specifically in areas where preparation/organization on the municipal or regional level is required. The centers also provide the frameworks with tools for handling related requirements and challenges.
- MATYAs are responsible for supervising the following areas of the special education system:
- Integration plans for the regular education system
- Special education services (SHAHAM) plan within special education frameworks
- Programming during school breaks within special education frameworks
- Personalized curricula (TALA)
- Assigning support aides for children with special needs integrated into the regular education system
- Anything else required in accordance with The Special Education Law
- For a listing of all MATYAs in Israel, see the Ministry of Education's Special Education Division website.
Laws & Regulations
- Ministry of Education Director Circular: Municipal/Regional Support Centers (MATYA) for the implementation of the Special Education Law and specialized MATYAs for visually impaired students
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.