According to section 1 of the Regulations for Senior Citizens, those who receive the old age disability pension, are eligible for a municipal property tax discount the same way they are eligible for other additional payments. Accordingly they are eligible for a discount of up to 100% on a property of 100 square meters (in accordance of section 9 of the Senior Citizens Law).
Who is Eligible?
- Old Age Disability Pension recipients
How to Claim It?
- Contact the tax collection department in the local authority in which you live, and fill out the municipal property tax (arnona) discount request form.
- Some municipality websites have forms that can be downloaded and filled out in advance. Click here for a sample request form from the Tel Aviv municipality.
- Updated documentation from the National Insurance Institute indicating receipt of a pension must be attached.
- Retroactive discounts are given in certain areas in accordance with the specific municipality regulations.
Laws and Regulations
- The Senior Citizens Regulations (Benefits for Senior Citizen Old Age Disability Pension Recipients) - section 1
- The Senior Citizens Law - section 9
- The National Insurance Law
- The Income Security Law
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.