In the case where the parent or the pupil are not fluent in the main language of study at the educational institution, an interpreter or some other person will be invited who is fluent in the language being studied at the educational institution and in the language spoken by the parents. The parents may bring their such a person on the behalf.
Who is Eligible?
- Parents or pupils who are not fluent in the main language of study at the educational institution.
How to Claim It?
- The said interpreter must be automatically invited to the expulsion hearing by the educational institution.
- Upon receiving the summons to the hearing, it is recommended to make sure with the educational institution that indeed the interpreter has been invited to the hearing
- The parents may bring their own interpreter.
- For extended entry on the subject of judgments in education click here.
- For extended entry on the subject of aid organizations click here.
Laws and Regulations
- Pupils Rights Law - Sections 8-6
- Special Education Law - Sections 4-3, 7
- Pupils Rights Regulations (Publication of Provisions and Expulsion of Pupils), 5762 - 2002(on the Nevo internet site) [IN HEBREW Sections 4-6].
- Compulsory Studies Regulations (Rules for the Permanent Expulsion of a Pupil Due to his Study Achievements), 5765 - 2004 (on the Nevo website) Sections 2 - 5.
- Equal opportunities for every child in Israel - Rights sheet of the Center for the Advancement of Equal Opportunities in Education in the following languages:
- Hebrew Updated to - 2013.
- Arabic Updated to - 2013.
- Russian Updated to - 2012.
- Amharic Updated to - 2012.
- Growth and effectiveness indices for schools according to the local authorities on the website of the National Authority for Study and Evaluation in the Ministry of Education.
- Circular of the Director General of the Ministry of Education 5772 (2012)/6(a) dated 01.02.2012 - the procedure for the permanent expulsion of a pupil from an educational institution and his transfer to another educational institution.