A General Disability Pension is paid to those who are eligible until they reach retirement age. Upon reaching retirement age, General Disability Pension recipients receive an Old Age Pension instead of a disability pension.
- If the Old Age Pension amount to which the person is entitled is less than the amount they he/she from their disability pension, they will receive the Old Age Pension with an additional Old Age Disability Pension which is equal to the difference between them.
- The Old Age Disability Pension is updated at the same rates and at the same times as the General Disability Pension rates
Updated Pension Amounts as of March 2018
- As a result of the increase in pension amounts paid in March 2018:
- One who went from receiving a disability pension to receiving an old age disability pension before 01.03.2018 will receive an additional 235 NIS.
- One who went from receiving a disability pension to receiving an old age disability pension from 02.03.2018 and onward will receive an additional 470 NIS.
- One who was eligible for income support and the updated pension amount would make him/her no longer eligible, is still eligible to receive the benefits from the different agencies given to those who receive income support.
Who is Eligible?
Benefits for pension recipients
- Electricity Bill Discount for Old Age Disability Pension Recipients
- Water Bill Benefit for Old Age Disability Pension Recipients (High Rate Discount)
- Minimum health insurance fees
- Eligibility for rental assistance
- Health plan discounts
- Discount on Bezeq Telephone Fees for Old Age Disability Pension Recipients
- Heating Grant for Old Age Disability Pension Recipients
- Municipal Property Tax (Arnona) Discount for Old Age Disability Pension Recipients
- According to Article 3 of the Senior Citizens Regulations, recipients of the old age disability pension, under the regulations are entitled to other benefits (according to the law, ruling or benefit that is granted a public body by agreement or custom), they are also entitled to receive the higher benefit of the two.
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that help senior citizens and the elderly.
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that help with matters related to the National Insurance Institute
Laws and Regulations
- The National Insurance Law - Section 251, 251א
- The Senior Citizens Law
- The Senior Citizens Regulations (Benefits for Senior Citizens Receiving an Old Age Disability Benefit)
- Electricity Market Regulations (Reduced Payment for Old Age Disability Pension Recipients), 5771 - 2011
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.