The survivors of an individual who did not fully collect the Old Age Pension for which he/she was eligible, are entitled to receive the amount of the pension to which the individual was entitled and did not collect (without an income supplement).
- If the deceased had no survivors, the uncollected pension amount can be paid to someone who can prove that he/she provided goods or essential services to the deceased in the last year of his/her life and was not paid for them. This payment amount may be no more than the total pension amount for the last 6 months prior to the death of the deceased.
Who is Eligible?
- Survivors of an Old Age Pension recipient (widow, widower, or orphans) who are entitled to survivors' benefits
- Someone who provided the deceased with goods or other essential services in the past year provided that:
- The deceased had no survivors
- The claimant is able to prove that the deceased had not paid him/her for the goods or services that were provided
How to Claim It?
- An Old Age Pension Balance Claim form must be filled out and submitted to the National Insurance Institute.
- An Old Age Pension is not inheritable. The National Insurance Institute only pays survivors the pension amounts to which the deceased was entitled, and which were not claimed while he/she was alive.
- An elderly Israeli resident who spent half her time abroad is entitled to an old age pension
- Retroactive payment of an old age pension which has not been paid for years
- "Value of vehicle use" is a wage component taken into account in examining entitlement to Old Age Pension or General Disability Pension
- An elderly resident who still considers Israel to be the center of her life is entitled to an Old Age Pension
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that help those in the third age
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that help in matters of National Insurance
Laws and Regulations
- The National Insurance Law chapter 11
- National Insurance Regulations (Determination of income in Old Age and Survivors Insurance), 5737-1976
- The Retirement Age Law
- Original information was written as part of a rights accessibility project performed by the Elderly Services Department, part of the Jerusalem Municipality Social Services Department, as the result of a generous contribution from MASHOV - Citizens Involvement and Partnership for Community Advocacy.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.