You're a student and also on your way to be a parent?! It happens...enjoy!
Rights to which expectant students are entitled are defined in the law, as well as in the Council for Higher Education regulations. Additionally, the educational institutions and the student unions also grant additional benefits relevant to students preparing for parenthood. It is important to note that the manner in which the various rights and benefits are granted varies from institution to institution. It is therefore always recommended to check with the dean of students and with the student union for the exact information about a specific institution.
Students whose rights have been violated may contact the accommodations coordinator, (whose contact details can be found on the institution's website or through its student union). If the problem is not solved after contacting the coordinator, the student ombudsman may also be contacted.
- National Union of Israeli Students
- For a comprehensive listing of organizations offering assistance to students, click here.
- For a comprehensive listing of government agencies related to students and education, click here.
Laws and Regulations
- For a comprehensive listing of laws and regulations related to students and education, click here.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.