Blind people who own a TV set are exempt from paying the Broadcasting Authority fee.
Who is Eligible?
How to Claim It?
- Upon receiving a bill for the fees, the exemption request form must be filled out according to the attached instructions.
- A photocopy of both sides of the Certificate of Blindness/Visual Impairment must be attached to the form.
- The form and photocopy of the certificate should be sent to the claimants local Israel Broadcasting Authority office.
- For clarifications call the service hotline at 1-599-500-750 on:
- Sunday-Thursday 8:00-17:00
- Friday, Erev Chag and Chol Hamoed: 8:00-12:00
- The exemption does not include the vehicle radio fee, even in cases where the certificate of blindness/visual impairment holder owns a vehicle.
Laws and Regulations
- The Broadcasting Authority Law
- Broadcasting Authority Regulations (Fees, Exemptions, Fines and Price Indexing) 1974 - Section 5(a)(5)
- The local Israel Broadcasting Authority offices may be contacted directly: 02-5013402.-->
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.