- Blind and visually impaired students are entitled to reading hours during which their learning materials are read to them as part of the assistance provided to students as part of the rehabilitation services provided to them by the National Insurance Institute.
- During the reading hours, the reading materials will be read aloud directly to the student.
- The maximum number of reading hours per month is 50.
Who is Eligible?
- Blind and visually impaired students that are eligible for professional rehabilitation.
How to Claim It?
- This right is claimed by contacting the the rehabilitation department of the National Insurance Institute.
- The number of hours will be determined according to an assessment of each student's needs.
- The maximum number of reading hours per month is 50 hours.
- The original content of this page is based on the Rights and Services guide for the blind in Israel from the [[he:השירות לעיוור - אגף השיקום - משרד הרווחה|Blindness Services - Rehabilitation Branch - Ministry of Welfare] and the guide to high school and university studies put out by Aleh and put onto the website by volunteers with to the support of the Blindness Services.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.