People with special needs, including those who have physical, sensory, and mental disabilities can benefit greatly from enjoying and experiencing the great outdoors, yet are often prevented from doing so due to a lack of accessibility in and to such areas.
A number of organizations work to make nature and recreational sites accessible for people with disabilities.
- Lotem – Making Nature Accessible: Trips, workshops at Peace Valley Farm, nature activities
- Etgarim - Challenging sport and nature activities and trips, rental of special "Gilgolon" vehicle to improve the mobility of people with disabilities on trips
- ALUT - Rural lodging in the Galil for families and individuals with special needs at Beit Aluteva
- Et La'asot - camps and trips for children and young adults with all levels of disability.
- Ruach Gabit - fun days, clubs, spiritual workshops, vacations, and annual festivals.
- Ezer Mizion - summer camps for children with disabilities.
- Accessible Israel website: Information about accessible tourism
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.