- Old Age Disability Pension recipients may be eligible to receive rental assistance outside the public housing system.
- The amount of assistance is determined according to a number of criteria, such as the location and size of the residence, and does not entitle the eligible recipient to any additional benefits or assistance.
- For more information, see: Rental Assistance - General Conditions.
Who is Eligible?
- Old Age Disability Pension recipients
How to Claim It?
- For more information on the claim process, see: Obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility for Rental Assistance.
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that help seniors
- Click here for a comprehensive listing of organizations that aid with the National Insurance
- Click here for a comprehensive list of aid organizations regarding the National Insurance Institute
- [[he:זיקנה והזדקנות/גורמי ממשל|Click here for a full list of government agencies responsible for issues related to old age and aging]
- Main government agencies:
|Government Agency||Website||Rights and Areas of Responsibility|
|*8840 Ministry for Social Equality - Hotline for Public Inquiries||Ministry for Social Equality website||The *8840 hotline run by the Ministry for Social Equality gives the elderly a central address to direct all of their questions, provide information regarding rights, services and benefits entitled to the elderly. It also helps them actualize these rights.|
|*6050 hotlines - The National Insurance Institute||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Rights to various allowances given based on age and economic situation.|
|*9696 hotline - The National Insurance Institute's Call Center for Senior Citizen Counseling Services||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Free aid provided through counseling services for senior citizens and the call center|
| The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services
||Senior Citizens on the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services website||Funding of Nursing Homes for independent and frail seniors. Various services are also provided within the community.|
|The Ministry of Health||Senior Health on the Ministry of Health website.||Health Insurance and assistance for those suffering from age related health problems.|
|*5442 The Ministry of Housing and Construction Call Center||The Ministry of Construction and Housing website||Housing Assistance and Problem Solving for Senior Citizens|
|Equal Employment Opportunities Commission- 02-6662701||Equal Employment Opportunities Commission website]||The commission responsible for enforcing equality in the workplace and for handling cases of prohibited discrimination.|
|The Population and Immigration Authority - *3450||Population and Immigration Authority website||Treatment of foreign workers, responsible for giving permits for the employment of foreign workers, managing the financial deposits that employers of foreign workers are required to deposit, oversight of the entrance and exit of foreign workers into Israel, issuing a death certificate, and updating the Population authority.|
- The Ministry of Immigrant Absorption - Housing (in English)
- The Israel Tax Authority: The Lands Taxation Office
- The Ministry of Justice: Land Registry and Regulation, Israel Lands Administration
Laws and Regulations
- The National Insurance Law Section 11
- National Insurance Regulations (Establishing the Income for Seniors and Holocaust Survivors), 1976
- The Retirement Age Law
- Reception and answering hours for Ministry of Construction and Housing branches and housing companies
- List of addresses and phone numbers for branches of companies that provide services to those requesting housing assistance
- Original information on this page was written as part of the Welfare Division, City of Jerusalem's Senior Citizens' Rights Accessibility Project, funded by The Mashov Organization.
- Information about benefits for Old Age Benefit recipients from the Knesset Research and Information Center.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.