General Disability Pension recipients may be eligible to receive rental assistance for a home they are renting in the private market.
- For more information regarding the conditions for receiving the assistance, see: Receiving Rental Assistance.
- The amount of assistance is determined according to personal status (singles, couples, families) and according to the status of the area residence (You can see the status of each locationhere.
- Click here for a chart with the amounts of rental assistance provided based on personal conditions.
Who is Eligible?
- General Disability Pension recipients (over the age of 18) whose incapacity to earn a living has been established to be 75% and higher and he does not have any Rights to a place of residence.
How to Claim It?
- A Certificate of Eligibility must be obtained in order to receive the assistance. For details of this process see Obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility for Rental Assistance.
- Applicants must also have the relevant documentation which verifies their eligibility to receive the assistance from the National Insurance.
- Type of Benefit
- Type of Benefit (temporary/ stable/ permanent) and percentage of disability.
- Level of incapacity
- Monthly disability allowance
- After the required checks are completed, the Ministry of Housing and Construction will issue a certificate of eligibility which will be given to the applicant though the agency which they applied.
- To get initial assistance, one must sign an undertaking with a servicing company and present a lease for the Apartment for which one can receive rental assistance for. For more information see Receiving Rental Assistance.
- The certificate of eligibility is valid for one year from the day rental assistance was requested.
- To continue receiving rental assistance beyond the initial eligibility period, the registration must be renewed. Towards the end of the period while the certificate of eligibility is still valid, the certificates and up to date documents should be presented to the servicing company.
- Also, during the period of eligibility it is necessary to renew certificates of eligibility, according to each case:
- Disabled individuals who's degree of incapacity has been determined, must present a current certificate of receipt of disability allowance only when registering for housing assistance or when updating an application for housing assistance (once a year).
- Disabled individuals who have a temporary degree of incapacity must present a current a certificate of receipt of disability allowance every 6 months.
- Families of the disabled that have established temporary or permanent incapacity, should obtain receipt of disability allowance every 6 months.
- For a list of Aid Organizations for Construction and Housing
- Organizations that Give Rental Assistance Aid
- For a list of Aid Organizations for People with Disabilities
Laws and Regulations
- Ministry of Construction and Housing Procedure no. 08/04 from 29.01.12) - assistance with rent payment.
- Utilizing Public Housing Rights and Rental Assistance - information packet from the Ministry of Construction and Housing
- List and Contact Information for Companies Providing Rental Assistance on the Ministry of Construction and Housing website
- Reception and answering hours for Ministry of Construction and Housing branches and housing companies on the Ministry of Construction and Housing website