The blind and visually impaired are entitled to rental assistance, according to criteria determined by the Ministry of Construction and Housing.
- For more information on the conditions for receiving assistance see receiving rental assistance.
Who is Eligible?
- Those with a Certificate of Blindness/Visual Impairment.
How to Claim It?
- Contact the Blind Services Department at Yirmiyahu Street 39, Migdalei HaBira, Jerusalem to get the form necessary to claim the assistance.
- Afterwards the applicant should contact one of the assistance companies directly.
- For more information on the process and the additional forms to submit, see Obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility for Rental Assistance.
== Aid Organizations ==
- Ministry of Housing and Construction
- The Blind Services Department - Rehabilitation Branch - Ministry of Social Affairs
- See also Housing relief for the blind on the "Kol Habriut" website from the Ministry of Health
Laws and Regulations
- Ministry of Housing and Construction Procedure no. 08/04 from 29.01.2012 - participation in rent payment.
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.