The healthcare services provide to schoolchildren, among other things, routine growth, vision and hearing check-ups
For a listing of the check-ups given throughout the school year see the Ministry of Health English website
- As part of the healthcare services, the students are examined in order to discover and identify physical problems or disorders as early as possible.
- If a vision test and doctor's check-up were not performed in kindergarten (gan hova), they will be performed at school
- Among others, the examinations include a growth check-ups, vision and hearing screenings, as well as dental check-ups.
Who is Eligible?
- Schoolchildren in grades 1 through 9.
How to Claim It?
- The examinations require parental consent.
- The class instructor is responsible for collecting health statement forms from the parents regarding their children, which include a parental consent form for the performance of various examinations as part of the healthcare services provided to schoolchildren.
- The school will then provide the signed parental forms to the relevant healthcare service provider.
- For a comprehensive listing of aid organizations related to the field of education, click here.
Laws and Regulations
- The National Health Insurance Law
- Ministry of Health Director Circular 5773/1(a) Section 2.2-77: Statement from parents regarding the health of their children
- Public Healthcare Service Director Circular 12/15: Healthcare Services for Schoolchildren