Self-help groups for the blind and visually impaired for members to provide mutual support, information, advice, learning and advocacy
KALA -Self-help groups for the blind and visually impaired.
- Groups offer mutual support, information-sharing, advice, instruction, and advocacy.
- In addition, the groups discuss various volunteer social initiatives for the promotion of rights for the blind and visually impaired.
List of Groups
- National Self-Help Group for the Vision Impaired: The Center for the Blind, David Hahami St. 10, Tel Aviv, 67778 Tel: 03-7915531
- Delet Ptucha: Radak St. 2, Jerusalem 92301, Tel: 02-6420438
- Maor: MARSHAL Jerusalem, Jaffa St. 216, Shaarei HaIr Building, Tel: 02-5388955, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KALA - English Speakers Self-Help Group: MARSHAL Jerusalem, Jaffa St. 216, Shaarei HaIr Building, Jerusalem 94383, Tel: 02-5891802
- KALA - Self-Help Group for Support Group Alumni: The Association for the Blind, HaGefen St. 32, Haifa 46665, Tel: 04-8389459
- Activists Group: The Yad Sarah Center, Holon, Tel: 03-6514091
- Social Club: Community Center, Yishayahu St. 16, Holon 58837, Tel: 03-5506772
- Golden Age Club: Etz Afarsek Street 11, Yehud 56258
- Self-Help Group for Residents of the Kfar Saba, Hod Hasharon and Ra'anana Area: Association for the Blind Club, Shaar HaEmek St. 4, Netanya 42292, Tel: 09-8614744
- Baruch Ram St. 85/1, Netanya 42276, Tel: 09-8614661
- Social Group: Club for the Blind, Herzl Street 3, Petah Tikva 49437, Tel: 03-9315444, 03-9301024
- Chaver Lemaan Chaver: Kiryat Ono Community Center, Tel: 03-5344921
- Social Club: Ben Eliezer St. 15, Rishon Lezion 75229, Tel: 03-9691255
- Activists Group: MARSHAL Ramat Gan, Ben Yosef St. 11, Ramat Gan 52474, Tel: 03-6769191, 03-6726804
How to Obtain the Service
- Those interested in joining may contact the groups directly.
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.