A foreign worker is entitled to stay in the country for an additional month after his/her work permit expires
Who is Eligible?
How to Claim It?
- The right is given automatically by the state.
Receiving the Money from the Monthly Deposits
- Foreign workers employed in the construction industry, in technology units and for nursing companies are entitled to the monthly deposits made for them by their employees when they permanently leave the country. If an employee stays in the country illegally, a fine is deducted from the deposited money.
- Beginning 01.02.2019, employers of foreign workers in the hotel industry must also make monthly deposits for their employees. Foreign workers are entitled to receive this money when they permanently leave the country. If an employee stays in the country illegally, a fine is deducted from the deposited money.
- A foreign worker who stays in the country illegally for under 6 months is still entitled to the deposited money with the deductions for his illegal stay.
- A foreign worker who stays in the country illegally for 6 months or more is not entitled to receive the deposited money at all.
Foreign nursing care workers that are unemployed are not permitted to start working for a new employer if 51 months have passed from when they arrived in Israel and they are obligated to leave the country (the exception is a case where a request to continue employing a foreign nursing care worker for humanitarian reasons was approved.
- Welfare Department - Jerusalem Municipality
- Worker's Hotline
- Hotline for Refugees and Migrants
- Physicians for Human Rights - Israel
Assistance in Employing Nursing Care Workers
- Internet hot line for those who employ foreign nursing care workers
- Elder care law services
- Yad Riva - Legal aid for senior citizens
- Reut and Eshel - Guidance services for senior citizens and their families who care for them.
- Kav Lamassik Information and Legal Advice for Foreign Workers.
- Ba-Bayit- Welfare and Aid for the Golden Age
- For a complete lists of organizations offering assistance and support to senior citizens
- For a comprehensive categorized listing of healthcare organizations offering assistance and support to people with disabilities click here.
- The original information on this page was provided courtesy of Kav LaOved - Worker's Hotline.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.