Staring from 2002, a supplementary grant has been added to the Absorption Basket which is a substitute for the absorption basket loan which was valid up until 31.12.2001.
Who is Eligible?
Olim who emigrated to Israel from 01.01.1996 and received an absorption basket loan from the Ministry of Immigrant Absorption are entitled to convert the loan into a grant if one of the following changes has occurred to their situation:
- Someone who has reached pension age and is eligible for an old age pension with supplementary income from the National Insurance Institute.
- Anyone eligible for a survivor's pension with supplementary income from the National Insurance Institute
- Anyone eligible for fixed disability allowance from the National Insurance.
- Anyone injured by acts of terror which have been recognized by the National insurance Institute (in this case, the conversion of the loan will be carried out by a special committee)
How to Claim It?
- An oleh who meets the eligibility criteria will turn to the Absorption Ministry Offices together with updated documents on the allowance received by the oleh from the National Insurance Institute.
- The supplementary grant is intended as assistance in the payment of rent up until the end of the first absorption year and is added as an eighth payment of the absorption basket.
- Elderly olim who are eligible for an old age pension and supplementary income and anyone who is eligible for old age pension within 44 months from the date on which they immigrate into Israel - will continue to receive the supplementary grant in the amounts which were valid up until now.
- List of Aid Organizations for Olim
- JDC Israel
- International Fellowship of Christians and Jews
- Aid Organizations for Olim in Jerusalem
- Aid Organizations for Olim in Maalot – Tarshicha
- Selah – Israel Crisis Management Center – Center for Assisting Olim in Crisis
- The Center for Food Security and the War Against Hunger
- Gvanim Association
- For the extended list of aid organizations of Olim from Ethiopia
- website of the Ministry of Absorption - The ministry is responsible for assisting olim in Israel, from the first stages of getting organized and up until the integration of olim in all areas of life in Israeli society.
- Student Administration for Olim
- Authority for Prisoners of Zion and Martyrs - in the Ministry of Absorption.
- The Jewish Agency – Service for Olim - on the website of the Jewish Agency
- The Ministry of Education
- The National Insurance Institute
- Original translation by Telfed - South African Zionist Federation volunteers.