Various associations and organizations run support groups for cancer patients and their families
Participation in the groups is either free of charge or in exchange for a nominal fee
Support for Cancer Patients
The Israel Cancer Association (ICA)
- Support groups run by The Israel Cancer Association held in the ICA’s "Chazakim Beyachad" support centers and in branches across the country:
- Support groups for young women (30-50)
- Support groups for spouses supporting their sick spouse
- Support groups for couples
- Support group for accompanying family members
- Support project for young people just starting out (singles age 20-30)
- The groups are led by professionals - clinical psychologists and social workers, and sometimes even by specially-trained doctors and nurses.
- For more information contact
- Cost: The service is provided free of charge.
- AMEN: The Israeli Association of Myeloma Patients, which was founded by patients for patients, operates support groups in the North and Center of the country. Groups are open to new members.
- Notice of regular meetings appears on the homepage of the AMEN website.
- Contact Information:
- AMEN: The Israeli Association of Myeloma Patients
- PO Box 6429, Holon 58163
- Fax: 03-7360085, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: A nominal fee.
Association for CML Patients
- Association for CML Patients (Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia), conducts monthly meetings and various activities for the benefit and welfare of patients with CML
- One can keep updated about the upcoming meetings via theorganization's website.
- Life's Door, is an organization that offers a variety of programs, workshops and support services and guidance for people coping with illness and loss. The service is for patients and their families.
- Treatment groups are in the Jerusalem area, the Sharon region, Zichron Yaacov and the Northern region.
- For more information contact the head office: 14 Tel Hai st, Jerusalem. Phone: Fax: 02-6792768.
Support for Women with Cancer
One in Nine
- One in Nine works to raise public awareness about breast cancer and promote breast health in Israel, and offers special support groups for the following demographic groups:
- Women who have recovered or are recovering from breast cancer
- Russian-speaking women
- Couples groups for women recovering from breast cancer and their partners
- Single women coping with breast cancer
- Treatment professionals from the fields of psychology, social work, art therapy and bibliotherapy lead the groups.
- Group meetings take place at the organization's offices in Tel Aviv (groups elsewhere in the country may be started upon demand).
- For more information you may visit the One in Nine website.
- For details, please contact the support and assistance coordinator, social worker Yael Yagur Jerbi by telephone: ext. 226.
- Cost: A nominal fee. Women who cannot afford this fee will receive assistance at no cost.
Hadadi - The Support Center for the Breast Cancer Survivor
- Hadadi - The Support Center for the Breast Cancer Survivor in Jerusalem offers support groups for women with breast cancer, as well as support groups for their partners, children and other family members.
- For more information see: Hadadi - The Support Center for the Breast Cancer Survivor.
Beit Natan Women's Cancer Support & Resource Center in Israel:
- Beit Natan offers four different support groups:
- For women who have recently been diagnosed with cancer
- For women undergoing treatment
- For women with metastatic cancer
- For couples where one partner has cancer
- Every group is comprised of up to a dozen participants, is led by a social worker and meets for 10 weekly sessions.
- For more information, see the Beit Natan website.
- Gamani is a support group on Facebook for women with breast cancer.
- Click here to visit the Gamani website.
- Cost: Free of charge.
Support for Children who's Families are Coping with Cancer:
- Jeremy's Circle offers support to children growing up in families coping with cancer.
- The circle arranges fun days and activities for children and their families (including transportation for families to events).
- Jeremy's Circle
- Jeremy's Circle Hebrew website
- The Israel Cancer Association website: Chazakim Beyachad Support Centers