Advanced stage cancer patients and patients receiving oncological treatments and suffering from severe symptoms, are entitled to supportive home care provided by The Israel Cancer Association.
- The service provides nursing, medical and psycho-social care.
- The goal of the care is to help neutralize symptoms such as: pain, nausea and vomiting, shortness of breath and constipation, in order to provide some relief to the patient.
- The treatment provides emotional support for patients and their families.
- The service is available 24 hours a day including weekdays, Saturdays and holidays.
- The supportive home care team includes nurses, doctors, and social workers working in cooperation with one another and with other treatment professionals in the community.
- Supportive home care provided by The Israel Cancer Association is given instead of Supportive Home Care (Palliative Care) provided by the Kupot Cholim but it does not replace other Kupot Cholim services such a physiotherapy and other services patients are entitled to; rather this service is provided in addition to them, in coordination with the patient's kupat cholim.
- Cancer patients age 18 and above and their families:
- Advanced stage cancer patients who are at home.
- Patients receiving oncological treatments who suffer from severe symptoms.
- The service is provided to patients living within a 30 km radius of Sheba Medical Center (Tel HaShomer) who active an active primary care provider who is willing to actively help when needed.
How to Receive this Service
- Application for the service must be submitted in coordination with the health plan to which the patient belongs.
- For more information about supportive home care,and to receive the forms to fill out to request home care from The Israel Cancer Association contact Beit Friedman at Tel HaShomer hospital:
- Telephone: 03-5341134, 03-5303258
- 24 hour hotline: 03-7369491
- Fax: 03-5351375
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application for supportive home care must include the following documents:
- Summary of the illness
- Nursing report
- Patient and family consent to the proposed treatment
- Original information provided by The Israel Cancer Association.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.