In general, students who are blind or visually impaired are generally integrated into regular schools and provided with personal assistance by way of support teachers.
- For blind and visually impaired students with additional special needs, there are special educational–rehabilitative-therapeutic frameworks that allow them to receive an education and improve their functional skills.
List of Frameworks
- The Institute for the Blind
- Degel Reuven St. 5, Jerusalem 91008,
- Tel: 02-6599555, Fax: 02-6512186,
- Email: email@example.com
- Blind Deaf School - Nazareth and Environs,
- PO Box 74, Nazareth 16100,
- Tel: 04-6570353, Fax: 04-6470488,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helen Keller School,
- Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem,
- Tel: 02-5833841, Fax: 02-6745167,
- Email: email@example.com
- Keren Or,
- Abba Hillel Silver St. 3, Ramot Aleph, PO Box 23523, Jerusalem 91234,
- Tel: 02-5869626,
- Email: Krnor1@netvision.net.il
Who is Eligible?
- School-age blind and visually impaired children.
How to Claim It?
- Those who are interested should contact:
- In some of these educational frameworks, the students live on campus.
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.