Special care is provided for blind and visually impaired toddlers in child development and early-childhood centers.
- Treatment includes diagnosis and stimulation with the goal being to strengthen those behaviors in toddlers that are usually obtained by natural imitation.
- The service is provided in child development centers, or in any other setting where the child is and is done with cooperation and involvement of the child's parents.
- Central Region:
- Tel Hashomer Child Development Center
- Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621
- Tel: 03-5302372
- Fax: 03-5302236
- Haifa Region:
- The Hannah Khoushy Child Development Center
- Bnai Zion Medical Center
- Montefiore Street 19/A, PO Box 4940, Haifa 31048
- Tel: 04-8359609
- Southern Region:
- Child Development Center
- Soroka Hospital
- PO Box 151, Beer Sheva 84101
- Tel: 08-6400427
- Fax: 08-6403264
Who is Eligible?
- Preschool-age children who are blind or visually impaired.
How to Claim It?
- This right may be claimed by directly contacting a relevant treatment center, and/or through a treating doctor and/or through a treating social worker.
Laws and Regulations
- Original information regarding the blind and visually impaired was primarily based on the Guide to Rights and Services for the Blind in Israel from the Blind Services Department (Rehabilitation Branch, Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Services), and was uploaded to the site with the assistance of Blind Services Department grant recipients.
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.