The health services provided to school age children include vaccinations
For more information on children's vaccinations see the Ministry of Health website
Health services are provided to students in grades 1 through 9 in accordance with the National Health Insurance Law.
- These services include the continuation of the vaccinations given at at the Family Health Centers (Tipat Halav).
- Vaccinations are given at the school, in accordance with the routine program of the Ministry of Health. This plan is detailed on the Ministry of Health website and is also published in the newspaper at the beginning of the school year.
- There may be additions and changes to vaccination schedule based on the Ministry of Health's vaccination policy.
- In addition to routine vaccinations, vaccination "completions/make-ups" will also be given to students who have not received all of the routine childhood vaccinations, (according Israel's vaccination program). This completion is given to students of all grades based on the age of the student.
- For more details on routine vaccination in childhood and in school age children, see the Ministry of Health website.
Who is Eligible?
- Children in grades 1 through 9.
How to Claim It?
- Administering vaccinations to students is contingent upon parental consent.
- The class's teacher must collect health declaration forms from the parents, including a consent form for their child to receive vaccinations as part of the student health services.
- The school will transfer the signed forms to the student health services provider.
- Parents will receive information sheets about two weeks before the vaccination, in order to allow them time to respond and send the vaccination booklets.
- The school is responsible for collecting the vaccination record booklets before the vaccinations and for returning them to the students afterwards.
- The school must allow the vaccination to take place within the framework of the school day, after prior coordination with the vaccination administer.
- Parents will be informed of the vaccination on the day it was given, including the date and full name of the administer, as well as instructions on how to report post-vaccination side effects.
- Parents of a student who was not present at school on the day of the vaccination will receive clear instructions on how to make-up the vaccination.
- Children below school age receive their vaccinations through Tipat Chalav. For more information see Vaccinations for Infants and Young Children.
- Click here for a detailed page of education related organizations.
Laws and Regulations
- The National Health Insurance Law
- The Ministry of Education Director General circular 5773/1(a) section 2.2-77 - Declaration form by parents regarding the health of their child.
- The Ministry of Education Director General circular 5773/1(a) section 2.2-79 - Preventing contagious disease in educational institutions.
- Public Health Service Director circular no 16/12 - Student Healthcare Services.