Family members of a premature infant are entitled to visit and stay in the neonatal unit under certain conditions and restrictions according to their degree of family closeness and the rules of the neonatal unit.
Who is Eligible?
- Parents of a premature infant are generally allowed to stay in the neonatal unit during all hours of the day.
- Other family members are not allow to stay regularly in the neonatal unit but are often allowed in for short visits in accordance with the rules of the neonatal unit.
How to Claim It?
- The right is given automatically to the parents of the premature infant.
- Other family members are allowed in for short visits in accordance with the rules of the neonatal unit and they should ask the neonatal unit staff about scheduling a visit.
- For more information regarding the rules for visiting the various neonatal units around the country see:
- The Lahav Society - On behalf of premature infants in Israel
- This original page was written by the Israeli Medical Association
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.