Elderly people whom are blind and visually impaired and living in nursing homes are eligible to receive rehabilitative training.
- Rehabilitative services provided to the seniors include:
- Examination by an optometrist
- Recommendations on the use of specific visual aids
- Borrowing visual aids and training on how to use them
- Library services specially suited for the blind
- Individual and group sessions with a psychologist/ social worker on the topic of accepting the limitation
Who is eligible?
- Elderly people who are blind or visually impaired and live in a nursing home.
How to Claim It?
- Those interested in claiming this right should contact a low vision rehabilitation center.
Listing of Low Vision Rehabilitation Centers
- Tel Aviv: David Hahami St. 10 (The Center for the Blind Building)
- Tel: 03-6880523, 03-6880560, Fax: 03-6875696, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haifa: Migdal Or Avraham Danino St. 4, Kiryat Chaim
- Tel: 077-7721333, Fax: 077-7721321, Email: email@example.com
- Jerusalem: The Michaelson Institute for Rehabilitation of Vision, Hadassah Ein Kerem hospital (next to the eye clinic)
- Tel: 02-6232895, Fax: 02-6257552, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to rehabilitative services, seniors residing in a nursing home are eligible to receive rehabilitative training,in order to facilitate their integration into community life.
Laws and Regulations
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.