Every resident is entitled to 3.5 cubic meters of water usage per month according to a lower rate. Usage beyond this amount is charged at a higher rate.
- According to Section 1(a)(6) of the Water and Sewage Corporations Regulations (Payment Reduction Criteria and List of Eligible Recipients for Fiscal Year 2014), 5774-2014 (on the Nevo website), Disabled Child Benefit recipients are entitled to an additional 3.5 cubic meters of water usage per month at the lower rate (meaning the permitted usage at this rate is doubled to 7 cubic meters).
- Eligibility for this benefit begins from 01.07.2012 or from the time disability was established (the latter of the two dates). The benefit will be given retroactively from the time the person qualified as eligible.
- Due to the fact that the bill is bi-monthly, the total permitted usage at the lower rate (base + benefit) is 14 cubic meters every two months.
- The benefit is valid for residential water usage in the residence in which the child lives.
For each two month period, the child may use 14 cubic meters of water at the lower rate, while the four other residents may each use 7 cubic meters of water at the lower rate.Overall, the household will receive a total of 42 cubic meters of water at the lower rate for each two month period.
Who is eligible?
- A family with a child who receives a Disabled Child Benefit.
- A foster family for a child who is eligible for a disabled child benefit, but doesn't receive it because children in foster care are not eligible for the disabled child benefit.
How to Claim It?
- The National Insurance Institute should notify in writing those eligible to receive the benefit. That eligibility is contingent upon the person eligible transferring details to the Water Authority and water provider in the place where they reside. Details to provide include the identification number of the person entitled, address of residence, and the date on which entitlement commenced.
- Each month, the list of those eligible (who have not refused to transfer their details) will be transmitted to the Water Authority and local suppliers, and the benefit will be given accordingly.
- One can find out if they are on the list of those eligible by checking the water supplier in their place of residence and inserting the identification number of the person eligible.
- One who thinks he/she is eligible, and has not received a letter stating his/her eligibility, or if he/she was told that he/she is not on the list of those eligible, can clarify with the National Insurance Institute call center at *6050.
- If the eligible child resides with a foster family and their name is not on the list of those eligible, the foster family must request a handwritten confirmation slip from the National Insurance Institute for foster families in which it is noted that the child who is eligible for a disabled child benefit , does not receive it due to being in foster care.
Transferring the Entitlement
- If the child's family is registered at one address and would like to receive the benefit at another address in the same city, they must fill out and sign a transfer request form with the local water supplier.
- If the child's family is registered at one address and would like to receive the benefit at another address in a different city,they must request so from the supplier in the city of destination. After they have filled out and signed the water request form, the water supplier in their city of destination will contact the original water supplier to remove their name from the eligibility list in that city, in order to complete the process of eligibility.
- You can download many of the relevant forms on the Water Authority Website. (For example see the Water Supplier Transfer Request Form from the Springs of Water Company.)
- The National Insurance Institute
- The Water Authority
- See also Eligibility to Receive Additional Water at the Lower Rate from the "kol habriut" website of The Ministry of Health
Laws and Regulations
- Water and Sewage Corporations Regulations (Payment Reduction Criteria and List of Eligible Recipients for Fiscal Year 2014), 5774-2014 - Section 1(a)(6)
- The National Insurance Law