Every resident is entitled to use 3.5 cubic meters of water per month at the lower rate, and usage beyond this amount is according to a higher rate.
- Old Age Disability Pension recipients are entitled to use an additional 3.5 cubic meters of water per month at the lower rate (meaning the permitted usage at this rate is doubled to 7 cubic meters).
- Due to the fact that the bill is bi-monthly, the total permitted usage at the lower rate (base + benefit) is 14 cubic meters every two months.
- The benefit is valid for residential water usage in the residence where the eligible recipient lives.
For each two month period, the eligible recipient may use 14 cubic meters of water at the lower rate, while the two other residents may use 7 cubic meters of water at the lower rate.Overall, all of the residents will receive a total of 28 cubic meters of water at the lower rate during each two month period.
Who is Eligible?
- Old Age Disability Pension recipients (meaning Old Age Pension recipients who previously received a General Disability Pension).
How to Claim It?
- The National Insurance Institute should notify in writing those eligible to receive the benefit. That eligibility is contingent upon the person eligible transferring details to the Water Authority and water provider in the place where they reside. Details to provide include the identification number of the person entitled, address of residence, and the date on which entitlement commenced.
- Each month, the list of those eligible (who have not refused to transfer their details) will be transmitted to the Water Authority and local suppliers, and the benefit will be given accordingly.
- One can find out if they are on the list of those eligible by checking the water supplier in their place of residence and inserting the identification number of the person eligible.
- One who thinks he/she is eligible, and has not received a letter stating his/her eligibility, or if he/she was told that he/she is not on the list of those eligible, can clarify with the National Insurance Institute call center at *6050.
Transferring the Entitlement
- If one is registered at one address and would like to receive the benefit at another address in the same city, they must fill out and sign a transfer request form with the local water supplier.
- If one is registered at one address and would like to receive the benefit at another address in a different city, they must request so from the supplier in the city of destination. After they have filled out and signed the water request form, the water supplier in their city of destination will contact the original water supplier to remove their name from the eligibility list in that city, in order to complete the process of eligibility.
- When the eligible recipient resides in an institution which receives an amount of water in his name (that is to say that the recipient reports the institution as his/her permanent residence), the institution can claim the benefit on behalf of the recipient, assuming he/she fills out and signs the transfer form for special populations. If the institution is not reported as the permanent residence of the recipient, there will be no transfer of benefit and it will be provided to the documented residence of the person entitled, as it appears in the records of the water supplier.
- You can download many of the relevant forms on the Water Authority Website. (For example see the Water Supplier Transfer Request Form from the Springs of Water Company.)
- Eligibility for the benefit begins on 01.07.2012 or from the date that the person became eligible for a mobility benefit (according to the later of the two dates). The benefit is given retroactively from the time eligibility began.
- Those who are eligible for a number of benefits, can only receive one benefit. For information regarding populations who are eligible for the benefit, see the Water and Sewage Portal.
- Click here for a full list of government agencies responsible for issues related to old age and aging
- Main government agencies:
|Government Agency||Website||Rights and Areas of Responsibility|
|*8840 Ministry for Social Equality - Hotline for Public Inquiries||Ministry for Social Equality website||The *8840 hotline run by the Ministry for Social Equality gives the elderly a central address to direct all of their questions, provide information regarding rights, services and benefits entitled to the elderly. It also helps them actualize these rights.|
|*6050 hotlines - The National Insurance Institute||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Rights to various allowances given based on age and economic situation.|
|*9696 hotline - The National Insurance Institute's Call Center for Senior Citizen Counseling Services||Senior Citizens' Rights on the National Insurance Institute's website.||Free aid provided through counseling services for senior citizens and the call center|
| The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services
||Senior Citizens on the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Social Services website||Funding of Nursing Homes for independent and frail seniors. Various services are also provided within the community.|
|The Ministry of Health||Senior Health on the Ministry of Health website.||Health Insurance and assistance for those suffering from age related health problems.|
|*5442 The Ministry of Housing and Construction Call Center||The Ministry of Construction and Housing website||Housing Assistance and Problem Solving for Senior Citizens|
|Equal Employment Opportunities Commission- 02-6662701||Equal Employment Opportunities Commission website]||The commission responsible for enforcing equality in the workplace and for handling cases of prohibited discrimination.|
|The Population and Immigration Authority - *3450||Population and Immigration Authority website||Treatment of foreign workers, responsible for giving permits for the employment of foreign workers, managing the financial deposits that employers of foreign workers are required to deposit, oversight of the entrance and exit of foreign workers into Israel, issuing a death certificate, and updating the Population authority.|
Laws and Regulations
- Sewage and Water Corporations Regulations (Criteria and list of those entitled to a payment discount for the 2014 financial year) - Section 1(a)(4) on the Nevo website
- The National Insurance Law
- The information on this page is based on the Water Authority website.
- English translation and maintenance by The Shira Pransky Project.