Work injury victims are those who are insured with work injury insurance who are not fit to work and lose their salary or source of income as the result of an injury which occurred at work. Disability in the period after the injury - During the period in which they can not work through 90 days after the accident, work injury victims are entitled to receive injury benefits and free medical care to help them get through the period after the injury.
If as the result of a work injury, a victim has been defined as disabled by a medical review board acting on behalf of the National Insurance Institute, then the victim is eligible to receive a work disability pension or a work disability grant in addition to other benefits to facilitate rehabilitation and living in a dignified manner. The Families of work injury victims who died as a result of a work injury are entitled to various benefits.
Standing IDF Soldiers and Security Forces
- Claim to recognize a workplace injury for soldiers in standing IDF service
- Claim to recognize medical or occupational disability for standing IDF soldiers
- Claim to recognize workplace injury for police officers and prison guards
- Claim to recognize medical or occupational disability for police officers and prison guards
- Claim to recognize workplace injury for security forces
- Claim to recognize medical or occupational disability for security forces
- Israel Organization of Work Accidents Disabled Persons and their Widows
- People with Disabilities/Aid Organizations
- Organizations that Assist with the National Insurance Institute
- The National Insurance Institute
- The Israel Institute for Occupational Safety and Hygiene provides assistance in maintaining safety and health standards in the workplace
- Court rulings regarding work injury victims:
- Court rulings regarding family members of someone who died as the result of a work injury
Laws & Regulations
- Laws and regulations related to work accidents and work injury victims
- Laws and regulations related to employment and workers' rights
- Guidelines for Providing Medical Care for Work-Injured Persons - Booklet from Clalit Health Services approved by the National Insurance Institute
- Benefits at institutions and organizations for those with disabilities on The National Insurance Institute website
- Original translation performed by The Shira Pransky Project as part of a grant from The Fellowship Fund.